We are grateful for your donation and support of our organisation. Donations are normally non-refundable but if you have made an error in making your donation or change your mind about contributing to our organisation please contact us. Refunds are returned using the original method of payment. If you made your donation by credit card, your refund will be credited to that same credit card within 3 working days.
Automated Recurring Donation Cancellation
Ongoing support is important to enabling projects to continue their work, so we encourage donors to continue to contribute to projects over time. But if you must cancel your recurring donation, please notify us immediately.
We will always store your personal details securely. We'll use them to provide the service that you have requested, and communicate with you in the way(s) that you have agreed to. Your data may also be used for analysis purposes, to help us provide the best service possible.
- What information do we collect?
When you visit our website, you may provide us with two types of information:
- Personal information you voluntarily supply, including your email address, postal address, home or work telephone number and other personal information for such purposes as correspondence or making donations. If you choose to correspond with us through email, we may retain the content of your email messages together with your email address and our responses. We provide the same protections for these electronic communications that we employ in the maintenance of information received by mail and telephone.
- Website-use information collected as you browse our website, through standard technology called 'cookies' (see explanation below, 'What are cookies?') and web server logs to collect information about how our website is used in order to help us develop. Information gathered through cookies and web server logs may include the date and time of visits, the pages viewed, time spent at our website, and the websites visited just before and just after our website. This information is collected on an aggregate basis and none of this information is associated with you as an individual.
- How do we use the information that you provide to us?
Broadly speaking, we use personal information for purposes of communications with our donors and supporters to keep them up to date with project activities via newsletters and keep them informed of our current funding needs. You are allowed at any time to notify us of your desire not to receive these communications.
- What are cookies?
Cookies are a feature of web browser software that allows web servers to recognize the computer used to access a website. Cookies are small pieces of data that are stored by a user's web browser on the user's hard drive. Cookies can remember what information a user accesses on one webpage to simplify subsequent interactions with that website by the same user or to use the information to streamline the user's transactions on related web pages. Cookies should make your online experience easier and more personalised.
- How do we use information we collect from cookies?
We may use website browser software tools such as cookies and web server logs to gather information about our website users' browsing activities, in order to constantly improve our website and better serve our supporters. This information assists us to design and arrange our web pages in the most user-friendly manner and to continually improve our website to better meet the needs of our customers and prospective customers. Web Server logs allow us to count how many people visit our website and
evaluate our website's visitor capacity. We do not use these technologies to capture your individual email address or any personally identifying information about you.
- How do we protect your information?
We utilise encryption/security software to safeguard the confidentiality of personal information we collect from unauthorised access or disclosure and accidental loss, alteration or destruction. When you send confidential personal credit card information to us on our website, a secure server software which we have licensed encrypts all information you input before it is sent to us.
- Legally-compelled disclosure of information
We may disclose information when legally compelled to do so, when we believe that the law requires it or for the protection of our legal rights.
- Permission to use of materials
The right to download and store or output the materials in our site is granted for the user's personal use only, and materials may not be reproduced in any edited form. Any other reproduction, transmission, performance, display or editing of these materials by any means mechanical or electronic without the express written permission of the organisation is strictly prohibited. Users wishing to obtain permission to reprint or reproduce any materials appearing on this site may contact us directly.