Social Business Development = Sustainability
The development of innovative and unique Social Businesses is a key area of expertise at dāna asia. Our approach is distinctive as it relies on the creation of a business that provide both skills and long-term and sustainable income generating opportunities for communities suffering from chronic poverty.
We believe that is through the development of Social Businesses that the most vulnerable and disadvantaged people in Asia will be able to better secure their future sustainably. The dāna asia Social Business Model empowers people to establish and manage their own businesses and finances to generate income to better secure their livelihoods through the eradication of poverty.
dāna asia’s Social Business Philosophy is underpinned by The Seven Principles of Social Business according to Dr Muhammad Yunus (Noble Prize for Peace recipient in conjunction with Grameen Bank)
- Business objective will overcome poverty, or one or more problems (such as education, health, technology access, and environment) which threaten people and society; not profit maximisation
- Financial and economic sustainability
- Investors get back their investment amount only. No dividend is given beyond investment money
- When investment amount is paid back, company profit stays with the company for expansion and improvement
- Environmentally conscious
- Workforce gets market wage with better working conditions
...do it with joy